This Ford Focus is 4 years old, black, tired and in desperate need of some love. Black being the worst colour for correction is the absolute most gratifying transformation once my job is complete. Every panel on this car was scratched from a snow brush, coin wash brush, key marks, UV rays, environmental fallout and just plain dull. Apologies in advance, I lost a pile of great before photos of this car.
• Decontamination wash – This service includes the full exterior, door jambs, engine bay, exhaust, wheels, and wheel wells.
• Iron fallout scrub – remove mineral deposits, brake dust, saps, road tar etc. A standard wash will not remove these bonded contaminants. A combination of chemicals are key for safe removal.
• Clay block – Clay the paint surface to level out and remove any remaining impurities.
• Wet sand & polish several deep scratches – Evenly sand until scratch is gone without breaking the paint, then polish to shine.
• Paint correction stage – Aggressive first stage cutting compound, followed by a medium cut polish to reduce the swirling in the black paint, finished with a fine cut polish to enhance the shine. NOTE: if this was a light coloured vehicle, I could have right from step 1 to step 3 which would save some labour and money.
• Alcohol wash – This final wipe is to remove all remaining residues which ensures the paint is at its cleanest state prior to coating.
• GTECHNIQ 5 year guarantee ceramic application
• Supra Armor windshield and glass coating added to strengthen, repel water, minimize wiper use, reduce glare & protect
• Rim decontamination & degreaser to remove all chemicals and environmental contaminants.
• Rim ceramic added to protect against corrosion, harsh chemicals, environmental and road contaminants.
• Vehicle walk around and final inspection. This is my opportunity to look at everything under bright lights incase I find something that needs to be corrected or re-corrected. Last chance for romance!
• Cure time indoors – 70 degrees for a minimum of 12 hours